Shitty poems? We've got 'em! Like them angsty? You're in the right place! Reminiscent of prepubescent middle school years? Come on down. 'Cause I'm sublimating over here.

6/1/10

Schiele, Courbet, Pollock and Rubens

You're not what I usually go for--
More of an Egon Schiele than a Courbet.
Idealized, but not realized, I implore
You to see yourself through my eyes one day.

In my eyes you are a goddess, a muse;
Dulcinea, admired from afar.
Lines and curves like a Pollock, if you choose
I would duel windmills and berate the stars.

Rubens' figures have been my preference,
Bug curvy hips and breasts; zaftig, but strong.
But to your slim form, I show deference.
Wherever you are is wherever I belong.

You may be like Don Quixote and art,
But I refuse to end this rhyme with heart.

Which you've stolen from me, by the way. So please remember that you're a gorgeous lady and not an emaciated child. If you lose 20 pounds, you will disappear and I am terrible at hide and seek.

No, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a history geek and a writer. I love to talk and laugh. Especially laugh.